Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Christchurch







We are docked in Lyttelton, the port for the city of Christchurch. Christchurch is the South Island's largest city. Another cloudy cool day. We took the first shuttle bus into the city with Rudy and Shirley. We walked in and out of the stores and headed to the Botanical Gardens. Between the 4 of us, we couldn't figure out where we were. We actually went the opposite direction and never made it to the Gardens. There were some interesting shops (see picture) and the obligatory Louis Vuitton. No matter what city we are in, I drag Mike into LV. Nothing I had to have. Mike bought a couple of t-shirts and we went into the bookstore and laughed at a lot of the greeting cards. After two hours of walking we decided to head back to the ship. Tomorrow we will be in Timaru. A new port for all of us.

1 comment:

  1. Sherry,
    Great Blogging! Looks like you and Mike are having good fun. Tell him I got the rooms for Bonneville. I love seeing the different ports, I feel like I'm seeing the world with you. Love, Kathy

    ReplyDelete